The phone crazies are coming to town

  • on Tuesday, June 21, 2011
  • Started this a couple of days ago, finished today. I didnt have an idea upfront, as per usual, and just started with the fact I wanted to do big eyes and a screaming mouth. After some time I realised this might've been cause Im rereading Stephen Kings book "Cell". A signal transmitted through cell-phones make people murderous crazy bastards (and it goes a lot deeper from there). So I realised I had drawn a phone crazy without thinking about it.

    The text in the background is Hal Davids lyrics to Henry Mancinis "Baby elephant walk". Listen to it and you'll probably recognize it right away. People who have read the book will get the reference.

    I used a reference from google for the neck, otherwise its my head and pen working away. Free black pen except for some pencil outlays for the neck.





    Quotes from the book:

    "'At bottom, you see, we are not Homo sapiens at all. Our core is madness. The prime directive is murder. What Darwin was to polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we are the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle..'"

    "'Fuck it', Clay said, 'What good is the end of the world if you can't drive through a goddam board fence?'
    And that was what they did."

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment